Learning Support Assistant (One to One Support)
26.25 Hours Per Week, Term Time Only. 9:15am to 3:15pm Monday to Friday with 45 minutes for lunch.
Fixed term until August 2023
Darwen St James’ is a small Voluntary Aided Church of England Primary Academy, situated in the heart of Darwen.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a strong candidate to support teaching and learning at Darwen St James' C.E. Primary Academy. This role is varied, and we are looking for an adaptable, flexible and resourceful individual able to cope in a high-pressure environment and deal with constantly changing priorities. The successful candidate will join us at an exciting time in the life of our school and assist in meeting the personal, social and educational needs of our children.
We are looking for a highly motivated, conscientious & creative Learning Support Assistant (Level 2) from September 2022, to join our committed & hardworking staff team, at an exciting time in the life of our school.
The suitable candidate will:
- Be an excellent teaching assistant, with previous whole class teaching and group work experience essential
- Work with colleagues to determine the specific learning and physical requirements of individual pupils
- Support other staff to ensure educational settings meet the needs of pupils
- Have high expectations for children’s learning
- Be enthusiastic, energetic, positive and approachable – with a good sense of humour!
- Support and develop our aims and ethos built on Christian values
We can offer you:
- A happy and caring Academy, with a distinctive Christian ethos
- Lively and responsive children, who enjoy school
- Hard working and dedicated team of staff & Governors
- Mutually supportive partnerships between our Local Authority and Cidari Academy Trust schools
- Opportunities for professional and personal development
Closing date: Friday 1st July
Interview date: Week commencing Monday 11th July
We are a small and friendly Academy, whose team work happily together, to enable our learners to enjoy and achieve their very best.
Applications will only be accepted on a fully completed application form with supporting letter. CVs will not be accepted.
We are a member of Cidari Multi Academy Trust, established in November 2013, a growing educational trust and part of the Blackburn Diocese. Cidari Education are committed to providing high quality education for all children in our academies based on clearly established Christian values and principles.
Cidari Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The above post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory check supplied by the Disclosure & Barring Service. The check will include any cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. Further information is available by below.
Darwen St James' C.E. Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.