School Administration Manager
37 hours, 8am to 4.30pm Monday to Thursday, 8am to 4pm on Fridays. Term time only
Newchurch St Mary’s is a small Academy with big ambition. Set in the stunning Pendle landscape our school has served our community and families for over 145 years.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a School Administration Manager (SAM) to join our team, managing day to day administrative functions. In this vital role you will support the wider school using your experience and initiative to ensure robust systems and processes are followed and developed, as well as being the welcoming face of the Academy to parents and visitors.
You will be supported by a wider Trust team to ensure areas of compliance are locally managed appropriately including health and safety, GDPR, safeguarding, website, and statutory reporting and information gathering.
Excellent communication skills coupled with sound ICT knowledge and the ability to adapt are critical in this demanding but rewarding position. Previous use of a management information system and experience of using Google workspace is beneficial but not essential and full training opportunities are available.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced administrator looking for a role in an education setting, or an aspiring School Business Manager seeking a pathway for professional development. You will be joining a family of 11 Academies across Blackpool, Fylde, Preston, Blackburn, Darwen, Nelson and Newchurch-in-Pendle as a valued employee of Cidari Multi Academy Trust.
Bringing your own personality and unique skill set to this role, you will play a key role in supporting the Headteacher and colleagues in the drive to improve outcomes for our pupils.
The successful candidate must be able to establish positive relationships with all children, parents and members of staff. Being professional, approachable, efficient, creative and well-organised are essential criteria.
We can offer you:
- A professional, supportive and collegiate working environment.
- Opportunities to develop through professional qualifications and membership of professional bodies including the Institute of School Business Leadership.
- Clear Christian values underpinning school life.
- Happy, hard working and well behaved children.
- Motivated and experienced Governing Body and central Trust team.
- Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Access to health and wellbeing benefits.
The right candidate will have:
- Essential qualifications and experience as detailed in the person specification
- A proven ability to work on their own initiative
- A high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults
- The ability to use relevant technology/equipment
- A commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school
- Willingness to be involved in school life
- A commitment to our Christian ethos
Closing date: Tuesday 28th June
Interview date: Week commencing Monday 4th July
Visits to the Academy are encouraged and warmly welcomed by appointment through the school office.
We are part of Cidari Education - Multi Academy Trust, established in November 2013, a growing educational trust and part of the Blackburn Diocese. Cidari Education are committed to providing high quality education for all children in our academies based on clearly established Christian values and principles.
The above post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory check supplied by the Disclosure & Barring Service. The check will include any cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. Further information is available by below.
Newchurch St Mary's Church of England Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.